The Era we studied for the first presentation was a perilous time filled with unhappiness and violence. This led to a bloody war. Was this necessary?
That was a very long title.......I ran out of room at the end there.....
Anyway, The era that we studied (the pre-revolution) was most definetly a time that was full of a lot of violence, and it did lead to a very bloody war. However, I think that it was necessary for our independence.
One example of why I think this is the Boston Tea Party. The English were taxing the colonists without their consent and they were essentially just taking their money to help their own government without even seeing the colonists at all. I think that without that tea party, there might even still be taxes in this country and even laws and stuff like that that is not what we might want, but instead what the English want. I believe that this was incredibly important to U.S. Indenpendence.
Another example of why this was necessary was all of the things that England was doing to the colonists without their consent like taxing them and making them do things that would help out the European government. Independence isn't something that just happens overnight, like a sore arm. Independence, In my opinion, has to be earned through a ton of hard work and sometimes even huge battles, like the one that took place following the time period we studied. It definetly wasn't just given to the U.S like a gift, but they had to work at earning it through a horrible war. However, if it wasn't for that war, the U.S. might not even be a country today.
The question says that "The era we studied was a perilous time filled with unhappiness, stupidity, and violence. This led to a bloody war.....". I think that the time period that we studied was definetly full of peril, unhappiness, and violence, but I think that it is a matter of opinion of whether or not it was full of stupidity, as the question suggests. The colonists thought that the English were full of stupidity, and the English probably thought the same thing about the colonists, but I think that the colonists made a huge movement that worked out in their favor tremendously in the end. Looking back, I don't think that the colonists (if they were alive today) would think that it was a time in which they were acting stupidly. I think that they might be proud of what this country has become. (maybe not, but they might be).
Overall, I think that the time period that we studied that led to a very bloody war was completely and totally necessary for independence against the government of England. I believe that even though there was a lot of blood spilled and there was a lot of controversy over tons of things, those things were absolutely crucial to the development of the country.

2 Comments:
are you the letter q?? I think you r
Nice job. You did a good thing - question the very nature of the question. That's not a bad way to live. Question everything. You presented some solid examples...strong work dude.
Post a Comment
<< Home