U.S. Society Blog

Monday, March 19, 2007

Iron Jawed Angels Discussion thoughts

Overall, honetly I didn't like the format of that particular discussion. I think that the circle idea for formatting questions and the fact that only the next person in the circle has a chance to respond to the question (yes, I know you could take notes, but I think that discussions are meant to be discussed, not written down) can get a little bit strange. Sometimes, there was a question asked that someone had a really good answer to but they didn't get a chance to share it because the person asking the question was at the opposite end of the room. Sometimes, I think it's best to format discussions like that, but for that particular one I believe that there was a lot that should have been said that wasn't.

As for the actual material that we went over in the talk, I think that we did barely touch the surface, but what we got to was good. The film was pretty intense and I think that it got to a lot of kids that hadn't given any thought at all about the topic and I was happy to see those kids' eyes "get opened".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home