U.S. Society Blog

Monday, March 19, 2007

Frozen Dead Guy Days: The Truth behind the iced smelly guy

I'm going to start off this blog with a confession. Honestly, I've never actually been in the town of Nederland when Frozen Dead Guy Days are going on. Needless to say, my opinion in the matter actually matters very little. However, I would like to not fail this class so I'll try and write about it anyway.

From what I've heard, the Frozen Dead Guy Days party that goes on is pretty sweet. Lots of kids from the school go out and have fun, people race in coffins, "celebrities" come to town, and all that good stuff. I think that it's a good thing for the town to do. Otherwise, I think that the town could get into an "another day gone" cycle and not really care about stuff. But, with this party, tourists come up here and are eager to spend $$ on stuff. Also, I think that the money that it brings in is a good thing for the community. As we discussed in class, it seems like all the money that is made in Nederland is spent down in the flatlands or the equivalent, so lots of cash is being lost from the community in that reguard. Frozen Dead Guy Days are very helpful in my opinion bringing back some of that which was lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home